Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Skyliner 250 flextube questions

Hi, i was wondering, what is the total weight of the 10" flextube set up?

Does anyone know the viewing height if for example the scope is pointing up at 45 degrees?

And finally (get ready for a stupid :) question) - could it be used on a sturdy coffee table or something like that to increase its user height?

Thanks

I think it's around 55lbs.

I can't recall it's height but someone will soon chip in with that.

Some folks do make a sturdy stand to raise their dobs up a bit but it has to be really sturdy - a regular coffee table would not be up to it. You need maximum vibration dampening you see.

I'm tall and I found a 10" dob a bit of a stoop when I had one. You can always get a chair and observe sitting down - a nice way to do it :)

I've got one of those and it's a definite sit-down job - I've got an old wooden folding chair and its perfect for everything except the zenith. Much more relaxing than standing as well. My 5yr old is 110cm tall and she needs about a 25cm step up to view Jupiter at about 45 degrees alt.

As far as weight goes, I'm not sure but the tube is about at the limit of a comfortable one-person lift and shift - more to do with the size to be honest, any bigger and it would become awkward to get through doorways etc.

Archived