Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First success at guiding with finderguider, but yes it's M42.

dlp

Had a third go at getting my finderguider working with PHD last night with some success. Managed to get 20s/30s/60s/120s subs without too many rejects, and even one of 4min - was well chuffed. I had the graph running at the same time and was quite pleased things seemed fairly flat. What I was amazed at was the jumps caused by even touching any part of the scope/tripod! Even more careful in future, but shudder to think what a light wind is going to do to it.

So this is the result, taken with Nikon D7000/SW coma corrector/SW LP filter. Not a brilliant image but I was pleased to see quite a bit more of the wispy stuff (mostly lost by jpeging) coming out. Processed in PI.

David

PS I've left the strange alien in near running man - think I must have an alien inside my scope somewhere!

post-21430-133877526081_thumb.jpg

Great image indeed!

Interestingly I get an almost identical 'alien' in my images if there is a bright star in the field of view. I use a coma corrector and LP filter with my setup, and I wonder if that's causing it. Do you use these?

EDIT. Should have read your post properly! I see you are using CC and LP filter. I suspect that may be causing the 'alien'.

Archived