NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

EQ3-2 polarscope and motor drives

Gutted!

Tried out the new motor drives for EQ3/2 the other night and followed the rather limited instructions to the word. It said you can disengage the RA motor drive at any time by loosening the screw and SNAP the black plastic bit that connects the RA motor drive to the mount snapped. ;) Just wondering what went wrong and if there is any way it can be fixed? It was -10 degrees so perhaps I was stupid to be trying it in such cold.

Second querey is about the polarscope. From what I have read this should be able to be pushed right in so the dust cap can cover it. On my polarscope however there is another date/time circle thingy which is also on the mount itself. Why the duplication? The extra bit means that I cant push the PS right in ((((

Can't help with the motor connector, but the date and time circle on the mount should unscrew and then you can screw in the new polar scope in it's place. At least, that's what I did with mine.

Rik

Can't help with the motor connector, but the date and time circle on the mount should unscrew and then you can screw in the new polar scope in it's place. At least, that's what I did with mine.

Rik

thats how i did mine to jsut unscrew anti clockwise then screw new scope in

No, it won't fall out. The part on the mount with the three thumb screws is the part you unscrew and replace. Then you use the three small allen screws on the new PS to align the reticule to the mount. Have a look at Astro_Baby's website for details of how to set it up right.

Rik

Archived