Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Finder Scope

Got a chance today to undo my sons handiwork and line up the finder scope again, he is very interested and likes to fiddle. My problem is when I focus it (standard 6x24 that came with the telescope) the cross-hair "orbits" around the target.

Is there any reason for this or is it just one of those things that happens with the standard gear?

The only solution I can think on for the moment is to mark the finders barrel and the focus adjuster at the end so that they always line up and therefore should be in the right place.

any help appreciated

Davie

By the term orbit I take it the cross hair center is not revolving centrally on the optical axis of the finder scope as you turn it, if this is one constructed with wire cross hairs they may slightly off center, as you say mark the finderscope barrel with some location marks so it lines up in the same position each time.

john.

Archived