NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Skywatcher EQ3-2 Polar Scope

ozwebuk

Just bought Polar SCope for my EQ3-2, tried to insert it but no joy.

Found several posts like

Putting the new Polar scope on an EQ3-2

and

http://forum.skyatnightmagazine.com/tm.asp?m=87140&mpage=1&key=The%2CEQ3-2%2CSufficient%2CFor%2CThe%2CSkywatcher%2C150PL?

Should I seriously pay full shop price for purpose made scope and have to physically remove the polar scope holder from the mount!

Skywatcher web site shows a scope with no RA alignment disk. TELESCOPE SUPPLIERS - SKY-WATCHER TELESCOPE

Even so I can't see how what I have would physically fit inside the polar scope holder.

Anyone else had this experience?

What I was sold is on this page https://astronomia-px.rtrk.co.uk/shop/cat/187/Polar_Finders/

Waiting for response from the shop...

I just put one the same as Sky-Watcher HM5 Polar Alignment Scope - EQ3-2 in your last link into my EQ3-2 skyscan 2001. I just unscrewed the holder with the 3 bolts in it and screwed in the new polar scope. Simples. Got mine from FLO, £32.

Thanks, I was a bit wary cos I couldn't do it by hand. managed to get a grip on it with wrench and undid it.

All sorted now. Oh for instructions! of which there were none either with item or on the Skywatcher web site.

• 1 year later...
  • 6 years later...
On 29/01/2011 at 12:10, angusb1 said:

I just put one the same as Sky-Watcher HM5 Polar Alignment Scope - EQ3-2 in your last link into my EQ3-2 skyscan 2001. I just unscrewed the holder with the 3 bolts in it and screwed in the new polar scope. Simples. Got mine from FLO, £32.

Yep, I ve got cougth same way as ozwebuk

Thnx.

Archived