Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

DSLR purchased, tips needed.

stunt squirrel

I asked the question not long ago and I just set the camera to ISO100 and messed about with the shutter speed until I got a picture I liked. I experimented with shutter speeds from about 1/50 - 1/400, depends on the phase (hence brightness) of the moon at the time.

Zoom in with liveview to get the best focus you can. I am new to DSLR's and didn't realise that in Liveview the rectangle in the centre can be moved with the cursor keys, I move the rectangle to get the best focus I can on a large crater.

For some reason I put my light pollution filter in at some stage and all the pictures had a red tinge, so don't do that.

I have dual axis motors but at that kind of shutter speeds wouldn't think they are needed.

That is my limited experience photographing the moon but I am sure there are more experienced people out there.

Archived