Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Thursdaynight near Reading

Steem

Hello everybody,

I have a small "problem" and want to know if one of you can help me out. I'm going to Londen tomorrow to meet Laura Pannack (an award winning British photographer), but as it happens there are 2 clear nights predicted for the Netherlands tomorrow. FINALLY there are 2 clear nights here, and I'm in another country!

But I own a travel dobson which can be regarderd as hand luggage and I am thinking about taking it with me. My sister lives in Reading herself, and she can pick me up at the trainstation and drop me off somewhere. But I haven't got the faintest clue about where or even if the predictions are clear there as well.

So, my 2 questions are;

1. How are the predictions for south(east) England tomorrow?

2. What's the best place in a 30 to 40km radius around Reading?

Or maybe some people are meeting near Reading tomorrow night?

Hope you can help!

Best regards,

Steven

I think anywhere to the north of Reading is your best bet (Oxfordshire). check out Abingdon astro club website for thier dark sites.

The Reading astro club meet at a place called Dinton pastures but I don't think its strickly a 'dark' site....more darker.

I'm in Caversham to the north of Reading I'd like to do a obs meet but am working very early friday. :)

steve

Alternatively drop down to the area south of the M3. I drive back from Basingrad up the M3 at night and it seems very dark on the south side of the M3 around Farnborough.

I'll be popping over to the reading club on their public evening on the 5th.

Thanks for the replies, but unfortunately my flight has been delayed for 8 hours due to a woman who left the security area via a crew exit. All planes were called back and everybody had to leave the gates. Since my return flight would have been tomorrow I decided to head back home.

Archived