Bridge cameras

Hi All (again),

I got a Fuji finepix S9600 bridge camera with 58mm lens, can this eventually be used when i get a scope or are bridge cameras no good due to not being able to set distance to infinity.

f=6.2mm - 66.7mm.

If it can be used what type of adapters would I need ?

If it can't be used I got a smaller digital camera and I have seen the adapters for these on fleabay does anyone use these and are they any good.

I would prefer to use the Fuji as it saves files as raw images so they can be enhanced easier.

it will take 30 sec exposures for bulb which can be stacked but its best pics will be tataken on the moon 58mm Digital camera telescope adapter - 1.25 " fit on eBay (end time 25-Jan-11 23:59:47 GMT) this will hold the camera. there will be vignetting using this unless you zoom past it but you could just crop it. I have one of these cameras and its fine for the moon but i'm struggling to get anything half decent as an afocal dso image. having said that my mount isn't up to such a big camera hanging off the end. You do want to be aiming towards a full dslr if you really want to image

Archived