Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My first Lunar attempt

Space Oddity6

Hey all,

Well this is kind of embarrassing cos pretty much everyone elses' first pics look much better than mine but hey ho, you gotta start somewhere.

I took some stacked images with my little Ricoh CX2 and a universal adaptor a few days ago and this I think is the best one.

Any tips for improvement/some people much more experienced than me pointing out that I'm doing everything wrong?

Is this the best I can expect with a universal adaptor? It does look like I've taken the picture through a ship'd porthole. Am I going to have to begin my descent into the dark side by purchasing a webcam to get better images?

post-19972-133877522628_thumb.jpg

Hi, firstly don`t worry too much, as you said we all have to start somewhere.

If you are using a digital camera with an adapter to hold it up to the eyepiece, firstly make sure you get the camera lense as close to the eyepiece as possible without actually touching it. Also use the zoom as this will obviously make the image bigger but should also eliminate the eyepiece edge of field of view from your image.

To be honest it is all trial and error and requires patience to set up, but once you are set up you should be able to get some better shots. :)

not embarrassing at all its a nice start, one thing that pops in my head is stray light

in between the cam and eyepiece that can scupper contrast and to recheck collimation

as a whole. Thanks for showing :)

Glen

Hi. If your camera has a live view screen you can use that to get the best pics just keep clicking on different settings to start with and see which comes out best, well thats the way i did mine also as said in an above reply use zoom to get best detail

Archived