Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Just another first attempt - Mare Crisium

Stephen

With the intermittent cloud last night I didn't really get a lot done but on the occasional breaks I did manage a good pore over the moon.

I recorded a 1m30s Quicktime movie (10fps) in Keiths AstroImager (Mac) and broke it down in Keiths ImageStacker (Mac.) I managed to pull about 150 frames around the crater that "looked" good enough but didn't like the output from ImageStacker.

Off to Registax (WinXP) and running through without modifying any settings generated this. (Apart from shrinking the image size from 1600x1200 [don't know how it created that size!] to 640x480.)

SPC900NC (not using RAW mod) with an I/R filter on my 200P Dob (no tracking, just let the moon drift across the view.)

post-23057-133877521946_thumb.jpg

Hi, i`m no expert but if i were you i would run your capture back through registax and then adjust the wavelets as this should sharpen your final image.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'm reading up lots of tutorials at the moment :D - Just did my usual thing and dived straight in lol

Archived