Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Atik 320e images

Grandad

I am looking to buy an atik 320e mono ccd as the small pixels will be well suited to my 72mm megrez giving a resolution of around 2 arc sec/pix.

Has anyone used one of these cameras or seen any evidence that they perform well.

I would go for the well respected 314l but the larger pixels would give a lower resolution of around 3 arc sec/pix.

John :D

I am looking to buy an atik 320e mono ccd as the small pixels will be well suited to my 72mm megrez giving a resolution of around 2 arc sec/pix.

Has anyone used one of these cameras or seen any evidence that they perform well.

I would go for the well respected 314l but the larger pixels would give a lower resolution of around 3 arc sec/pix.

TBH, I can't recall seeing any images from the 320e. Maybe using the forum search might bring some up?

I wouldn't worry about getting too hung up on resolution, I regularly use my Atik 16hr (the 314's predecessor, uses the same sensor) on my 66mm refractor and that has a resoution of around 3.4 arc secs/pix and get really nice results.

Tony..

Hi John,

I used a 320E for a bit when I was down in the South of France at Olly's place. The Ha pictures in this set Les Granges 2010 - a set on Flickr were taken with it. I posted them on the forum too.

The camera seemed really quite sensitive, but it won't be as good as the 314L. The chip in the 314L and 16HR that Tony uses is one of the best around atm.

Your right the 320E doesn't seem very popular, I guess because it's kind of half-way between the 16ic and 314L.

Cheers,

Jordan.

With your comments taken into consideration I have decided to take the plunge and buy the 314l+.

I wanted the 320e to be the right answer for me, partly because money is tight, but in the end I know I've made the correct choice.

John

Archived