NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Neximage - First Light

Dave S

Well after weeks of frustration involving software and weather I finally got the thing to work.

5374032164_73ec709764_b.jpg

I used registax 5.1 followed by a quick spruce in PS. It looks a bit over processed to me so comments apreciated.

Dave...

Good start.

I have always found it easier to take moon shots when it isn't full, it gives more depth to the surface, although there are some nice shadows in some of those edge craters.

You've got a greenish tint around the edge, which I have often found, but this can be removed by selecting 'b&w' in registax (it will try to tell you that it is a colour image, but say no to that anyway)

Look forward to seeing more.

Thanks DP.

The webcam lark is new to me. DSLR stuff, no problem, I can image a gnats nadger at a 1000 yards but these cams. Tricky little blighters. Thanks for the B&W tip. Funny thing is I didthe same image in Registax 4 later and it looks completely different (better in my opinion).

Didn't have much choice with the moons phase. It's the first opportunity I've have in weeks.

Thanks again

Dave...

Archived