Telescope advice please

Well since I've being on this forum the info is amazing me. now I thought I'd decided on a celestron c6se but I would like to get in to astrophotography and from what I've read it's a good scope but not really what I need so I would appecit some help on getting scope that is going be suited to what I need and is going last a few years was looking to spend around £750 mark

You will need a decent mount for photography with will set you back at least 200 quid brand new and double that if you want goto, or are you planning on going down a similar route to the C6SE where the scope comes with the mount as a package?

Hi kid rock, I reakon you will need to spend a bit more than £750 if you want to do some proper astro imaging. You can use a webcam for solar system objects and that'll be fine but step up from that to DSO'S and your going to have to buy an EQ mount that will track the Earth's rotation at the correct tilt rather than a Go To type scope which you will have to fit a wedge to. I don't do any astro Imaging myself but I am sure others will suggest a few options.

I did have a 6se myself and thought it was a brilliant scope for a begginer but as I said I don't do imaging just visual :)

Alan

Most folk that start out with imaging go the small refractor route first. Nice widefield scope that won't test the tracking as much and small weight that won't test the mount too much. But the budget is still going to be tight. And the small refractor won't be great shakes as a visual scope, more of a second scope for visual.

Two other options for the budget could be:

Skywatcher EQ5 Pro with Explorer 150PDS for £633, leaving a little over for other bits.

Or

Skywatcher HEQ5 Syntrek with Explorer 150PDS for £776, blowing the entire budget. But a great mount and a very capable scope for imaging (far more suited than the C6).

The Explorer 150PDS will be every bit as capable as the C6 for visual and better suited for imaging.

The mount is the most important bit of kit for long exposure astrophotography. If you mount cannot track accurately, you will get poor results regardless of optics. An HEQ5 Synterk will set you back £620, leaving £130 for your optics, say a 150p.

Personally, I'd save money on the optics rather than mount and go for the HEQ5. I have an EQ5 and I reject 50% of my 1 minute unguided subs @FL=480mm. Guiding kit will cost money and your budget probably won't allow it. The HEQ5 is stronger than EQ5, so there is a good chance it will handle longer unguided exposure.

hi all ive being looking around think im going to save up abit more and go for a better mount so came across this

Skywatcher Explorer 200P DS OTA with HEQ5 PRO GOTO or the Skywatcher Explorer 150P DS OTA

Archived