Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Would it be worth the extra 10mm?

I was looking into eyepieces, and currently I have a 33mm Celestron 1.25" eyepiece, and was wondering, would it be worth it to find a bigger 2" for my 10" dob, or could I be happy with the field of view with this? I have not received my scope yet, so there's no real hurry and I'm just doing research. The scope comes with a 2" 28mm eyepiece. As I am new to the world of eyepieces any advice is appreciated, I don't have a very big budget, If possible I want one eyepiece with the largest field of view I can afford, I don't want to blow my budget either.

2" eyepieces deliver a lot wider fields of view than their 1.25" equivalents so it is worth investing in at least one for low power, wide field views.

The William Optics SWAN's that brantuk links to are probably the most affordable of this type.

Archived