SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Nikon D90 - lens error when T-ring is connected

Hi all,

I've recently received my Nikon-mount T-ring for my DSLR (Nikon D90) however when I connect it up, I get the error F--

I know that the error is related to the lens communicating pins but I can't figure out why this error is occuring.

How have others with a Nikon D90 managed to get their DSLR working?

Have you tried switching to manual focus and checking the menu for lens settings? It is telling you that it isn't communicating with the lens, there must be a setting in the menu as you can use non AF lenses on Nikon Dslrs. I have not had that problem with the D70, and not used the D200 on the scope yet.

Archie

I find that a bit strange, have a look at the link, I have had my D70 on the scope and it works fine, I use shutter priority as the aperture is fixed.

Nikon Lens Compatibility

Archie

Just figured it out when you mentioned "...I use shutter priority..."

The dial on my camera was set tp Apeture and I had to set it to Manual. It all started working... :icon_eek::hello2:

Thanks for the 'lightbulb moment' Archie.

Just figured it out when you mentioned "...I use shutter priority..."

The dial on my camera was set tp Apeture and I had to set it to Manual. It all started working... :D:hello2:

Thanks for the 'lightbulb moment' Archie.

Well done Bobcat i had this problem to with my d5000 and it took me about an hour to fiqure it out i went threw all my menus :icon_scratch:then relised i was in aperture priority silly me :icon_eek:

Archived