USED Telescope Purchase - Recommendations?

Hi,

As a newcomer to all things astronomical (nearly typed astrological then!) I would dearly love some advice on where best to search for used telescopes/equipment. I have been researching several makes.models of telescope and am interested in the Celestron Nexstar range, particularly the 5SE, 6SE and 8SE models. I would ideally prefer the 8SE (obviously) but i beleive the 6SE would suffice my requirements for deep-field view of the night sky (i.e. I will not be attaching an SLR/DSLR camera but may purchase an additional CCD attachment at a a later date). Can anyone recommend the best source (online) for such used equipment? I was hoping that this forum would have a FOR SALE section - I'm surprised there isn't one?

Many Thanks,

Gary

Hello Gary,

Good choice on the scope you are looking for and a wise move to look at the 2nd hand market, it can be tricky and know what to look for will save you a lot of pain.

I personally like the site astro buy and sell uk. Ebay has some good deals but is mostly full of junk.

This site does have a buy/sell forum but has membership restrictions of 50 posts + 1 months membership.

The most active buy/sell site in the UK is Astro buy and sell so its a good place to start.

best of luck and welcome to the forum

Hi Gary, and welcome from me.

If I were you, I would get at much advice on the forum, before buying a scope.

After one month, and 50+ posts, you will be able to access the For sale section, and by then, you should have a good idea what is best suited to your needs.

HTH

• 1 month later...

Archived