NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Skywatcher eyepieces

Hello All,

I have recently purchased a 130P and I am now looking to get some additional eyepieces and filters to compliment it.

I have a local shop which has some skywatcher eyepieces for sale and I was wondering if anyone has any experiences with them.

The eyepieces I was looking at was a:

Skywatcher 7-21mm Zoom eyepiece (£39)

or

Skywatcher 6.3mm Super Plossl Eyepiece (£19)

and

Skywatcher 32mm Super Plossl Eyepiece (£29)

I will mainly be looking at plantary objects, which is why I think the zoom eyepiece will be best, or is this just a gimmicky eyepiece?

The six point three will probably be too poeerful for the scope, cant comment on thd zoom but zooms often dknt work well in fast focal ratio scopes like yours, the thirty two mm will most likely give you bettet views than the stock supplied eyepieces.

The zoom you asked about is really going to be quite poor. Good eyepieces require good glass well configured. The two plossls will not be much improvement on the supplied eye pieces.

My advice would be to get two decent ep's with your budget (£80) second hand from the For Sale section (which will be available to you from around 20th Jan assuming your post count reaches 50).

You'll get a resonable bargain in there and most members look after their equipment so they should be in great condition.

I have a Mead 25mm wide angle ep which is nice in the 130P, look also at William Optic Swans around 25mm - 30mm, you might be lucky and get a Televue plossl in the 10mm-15mm range. It might take a week or two but that's what I did and I'm very pleased :icon_eek:

(there are other makes that others will advise on)

Archived