Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Pentax Takumar 300mm f/4 lens

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I looked into buying one of these a while ago. They are apparently quite sharp throughout the aperture range and the build quality is pretty good too. The Takumar version is not multicoated, whereas the SMC or Super Takumar versions are.

According to the completed listings on ebay an SMC version in good condition with no fungus or scratches to the optics went for £150 recently. One with fungus went for £45.

Oh - that makes it even more difficult... :)

Filter removal is cheap but you will lose the ability to reach infinity focus with camera lenses... with the later camera soem peopel have had success by movign the sensor forward by changinging the thickness of the shims infront of the sensor assembly.. Not sure if this is option with the older cameras as I think more "glass" is removed needing the sensor to come further forward...

Its one of the reasons that I went for filter repalcement in the 1000D mod after the loss of infinity focus with the Filter removed 350D...

The difference in Register for the two lens mounts is +1.46mm for the EOS bayonet its 44.0mm and the M42 thread its 45.46mm

I have a Pixco brand EF confirm adaptor and thats only 1.3mm thick IIRC I probably bought from Pixlamb on Ebay...

Try contacting the seller of this one...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Adjustable-AF-Confirm-M42-Lens-Canon-EOS-EF-Adapter-/280607147212?pt=UK_Photography_CameraLenses_Lens_caps_hoods_adaptors_ET&hash=item41557d44cc

Billy...

Mmmmmmmm ! :)

Looks like i may have to use the lens for wildlife photography instead then.

Pity that, i was hoping to use it primarily for astro imaging.

Live and learn i guess !

Graham

You could go for a clear glass replacement for the camera and get infinity focus back... thats what I am thinking of doing...

Billy...

The difference in Register for the two lens mounts is +1.46mm for the EOS bayonet its 44.0mm and the M42 thread its 45.46mm

I have a Pixco brand EF confirm adaptor and thats only 1.3mm thick IIRC I probably bought from Pixlamb on Ebay...

Try contacting the seller of this one...

Adjustable AF Confirm M42 Lens to Canon EOS EF Adapter on eBay (end time 21-Jan-11 08:33:02 GMT)

Billy...

I have one of those from pixlamb as well and can get infinity focus on my M42 lenses. They delivered really quickly too.

Archived