Hi from Gloucester

gazza666

Hi gazza and welcome to SGL I'm from Gloucestershire too. The local astronomy society is called the Cotswold Astronomy Society and they hold meetings at Shurdington Village hall the second Saturday of each month 7.45 to 10.00pm. It can often be helpful to visit groups like these to see telescopes used by other members and get hands on advice.

Regards

Kevin

Thanks I live in coleford and it would take me 48 mins to get to your location

thats over 1 1/2 hrs round trip might be a bit to far to come but I will look out for any special events that may be on

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hi welcome to sgl im still waiting for my skywatcher 150 to arrive

Hi I bet you are exited I cant make up my mind which scope to get I wanted the 130p then I said to myself I will get the 150p

then I said to myself I will get the 200p cant go any higher

If I had a brain I would be dangerous

I am thinking now maybe the 200p will be to big, should I get the samller one just cant make up my mind

besides the sky is so cloudy at the moment maybe I shoul hang on a bit

save up a bit more money and get the 300p LoL

I just dont know what to do

I anm the kingd of guy that always makes the wrong decision

just to say what i have bought myself is a pair of 10x50 bins you have got to start somewhere

Hi gazza and welcome to SGL I'm from Gloucestershire too. The local astronomy society is called the Cotswold Astronomy Society and they hold meetings at Shurdington Village hall the second Saturday of each month 7.45 to 10.00pm. It can often be helpful to visit groups like these to see telescopes used by other members and get hands on advice.

Regards

Kevin

I didn't know there was a local society, I live in Churchdown just a few minutes away lol

Archived