NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Modded my 350D today

planetdnb

Hi Forum,

thought i would share the fact that I modded my 350D today.

I followed this procedure:

ash's Modified Rebel XT Page

took me about an hour and half. I didnt put a glass replacement in.

The whole procedure was actually quite painless. I didnt come accross any hurdles.

One thing I did notice is that the little ribbon cables have re-inforced holes in them i used these with a pin to pop them back into their holders.

All in all a very succesfull mod. Its currently outside taking some 10 minute subs of the horse head!

I pulled the first 3 subs off and played with them and shows a massive improvement on the non modded pics i took last night with my 400D.

:)

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome, I am thinking of doing this with my 450D also. Although I'm sure I've read somewhere that you should stick some glass in to replace the IR filter because it may have issues with the focus otherwise. I'll let you know if I find the article.

Do you have any before/after type shots?

this camera is solely for astro use. I have a 400D that i use for daytime. Thats why I didnt bother with the clear glass replacement.

That said, it is only the auto focus that it affects. You can still manual focus and use a custom white balance but I have no interest in that.

I don't really have any before/after shots of the same camera but I can tell you on targeting the horse head the results were WELL WORTH IT!

There was much more depth to the red which made the horse head stand out a lot more.

I just need some more clear skies to get a decent number of subs on the target!

Archived