NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

celestron nexstar 127slt v nexstar 4 se

The 127 is a bigger scope, so it will collect more light and should give you better image than a 4SE. The SE had a better mount, so it should give you more stable image at higher power.

I have never used the 127 SLT so I can't really say more. If I had £450 I would forget GOTO and go for a Skymax 127+EQ5, or a 250p dob.

I looked at those two and purchased the 4SE today. I chickened out a little on the 127SLT for a couple of reasons even though it's a bigger scope.

For me a small compact size came first, second was the mount on the 4SE was better and could be upgraded with a bigger scope (not too much bigger) later if required. I'll also confess that the idea of collimating the 127 did cross my mind too, not for technical difficulty but sheer laziness :icon_eek:

I went via FLO as their prices are good and the reputation they have here is excellent.

Regards

Steve

I did the opposite and bought the 127 slt since I wasn't bothered about small size (not that the 127 is a big scope by any means). I'm very impressed with the build quality and it's streets ahead of my old 70mm refractor. I've only had it a couple of days and the weather has been awful so very little chance to try it out yet but what I have seen (moon and Jupiter) have been fantastic.

Archived