Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

EQMOD question

Having set up EQMOD/CdC for my scope, I wondered what the effect of then using the scope with the hand controller would be? Will I 'break' my settings with EQMOD (parked position, polarscope home etc). Want to do some moon imaging this afternoon and don't want to spoil things for a possible clear night tonight!

David

Don't think you can mix the two - I think you have to stick with one or the other to keep your settings. I use EQMOD/CdC and have not touched the hand controller for 2 years now. Can't think why I would want to now. :)

Mark

Hi David,

I think the key thing here would be to park the mount to home in EQASCOM before powering off and connecting the handcontroller. On startup the handcontroller will assume take the current position as being the home position (which of course it is) and so long as you return it to that position via a handcontroller park at the end of the session then everything should be in the correct position for EQASCOM next time you use it.

Just in case things go wrong you may want to consider defining a special custom park positon in EQASCOM that can be used as a resynch point. For my own observatory mount I make use of a distant pylon that I can see through the observatory door but you can also use the "flat" on the end of the worm shafts as position indicators for this purpose. If ever you think you may have lost EQASCOM synchronisation you just manually slew the mout to your resynch point, select the custom park from the parks list dropdown and hit the reynch encoders button.

Chris.

Archived