Just a little lost

When I first came on SGL, I was asked to post a marker on a map. Since then, I have wanted to return to it to see where everyone was and if there were many others registered to this forum from Canada.

Now, after clicking on the "x" on the top of my page (double oops), I am unable to retrieve the map or view the other members and their locations. Can anyone help.

So,. anyone from Canada here? How about the province of Quebec?

Thank you very much in advance. :)

click on the link at the top of the main page. look at the first post, thats ant, he has a link on that post to the site, that should let you in. Funny reading your first post on this got me thinking about my pin so I checked and apparently I live in the middle of the road!

Alan

On top of the main page it says "POW Winner 2nd January 2011" and above I see Control panel, Blogs, FAQ,...

I'm not on the main page am I? :)

However, I see no link that will help me reach my goal. Let's just say that I am far better at negotiating my way through constellations than on the Internet so I am sorry if I am making this sound harder than it is.

Isabelle

Yes,.. That is the link that I accidentally shut off by clicking on the red "X" you see on the right. I can't reinstate it now. It seems lost forever,..

So how does it feel to live in the middle of the road?

he he well its not too bad the only light pollution comes from the on coming vehicles:eek:

Alan

Logging out and coming back online didn't work. I guess I will have to return tomorrow since it is becoming late (if there are no stars out there due to clouds then I should go to bed right?)

Thank you for your help Alan and Glen and see you tomorrow where I will try again.

Isabelle

By the way,.. watch out for those oncoming vehicles Alan. They might injure you or WORSE,.. scratch your most favourite lenses.

Oh come on,.. It's a LITTLE funny.

When I first came on SGL, I was asked to post a marker on a map. Since then, I have wanted to return to it to see where everyone was and if there were many others registered to this forum from Canada.

Now, after clicking on the "x" on the top of my page (double oops), I am unable to retrieve the map or view the other members and their locations. Can anyone help.

So,. anyone from Canada here? How about the province of Quebec?

Thank you very much in advance. :)

Hello, I'm from Canada. I'm originally from Quebec, but I have been living in Ontario for a long time.

Hi Isabelle,

You're right about the clouds and I'm beginning to lose patience with them. As for light pollution--my dark site is very good. Looks like you have really dark skies where you are!

I read your blog and I know what you mean about the telescope tube sucking the warmth out of your hands. Some people use those 'hot pocket' things, but I find they don't really keep the ends of my fingers warm. Piling on the mittens helps.

You have a good telescope there and I hope you enjoy it!

Yes, where I am it is quite dark and on some nights I have the aurora borealis keeping me company! I have tried the hot pockets as well but like you said, it doesn't keep the tips of my fingers warm and this is where I suffer from frost bite most. As for piling on the mittens,.. this doesn't work much for me either since I need to take them off to manipulate the lenses. Oh well,...

The view makes it worth it!

Isabelle

Yes, where I am it is quite dark and on some nights I have the aurora borealis keeping me company! I have tried the hot pockets as well but like you said, it doesn't keep the tips of my fingers warm and this is where I suffer from frost bite most. As for piling on the mittens,.. this doesn't work much for me either since I need to take them off to manipulate the lenses. Oh well,...

The view makes it worth it!

Isabelle

Underneath the mittens I also wear a pair of those really cheap gloves that you can buy at the dollar store. They`re thin enough that you can change lenses with them on and at least they keep your hands covered.

Having said that though, last winter I bought a zoom lens so I wouldn`t have to keep changing lenses in the winter months--but I keep going back to my prime lenses anyway because I prefer the wider and brighter fields of view.

Archived