NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Complete noob question for goto

I was looking at what the power supply was for the xt10g that I plan on getting this week, on orions website it said it requires a 12v 2a Tip positive, this is referring to the thing that plugs into the wall or am I missing something?

You will need a 240v to 12v adaptor and the tip positive refers to the 12v plug. These can be tip positive or tip negative. Very important you get the right one. Maplin do a nice adaptor with a range of plugs. Just have a look on their web site. You can also power from a battery, same would apply about ensuring you connect with a tip positive plug to your scope. Freddie.

Tip positive referee to the 2.1 mm DC connector that plugs into the scope. The power supply needs to supply 12vdc at a minimum of 2amps.

Maplins do PSUs or you could look at Rapid, I have one like this for my HEQ5

Rapid Electronics - Electrical & Power > Power Supplies > Bench PSUs

FLO do cables for this kind of thing. Tip positive is quite standard for most stuff.

Nevermind I think i missed the first post. I just want to get the right thing so it works. If I can't just do a straight plug from an extension cable to a wall socket I think im just going to go manual.

Archived