NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Mac user. Where do I go from here?

vulcan

I'm new to all this so, please be gentle. I've got myself a NextStar 6se and I have a load of Nikon kit including a D200, D5000 and all the lenses. I just bought a Philips SPC900NC webcam flashed for astrophotography. I have all the necessary T adaptors and filters and a piggy-back camera adaptor for the scope. I am using a Mac PowerBook 17" with Equinox to drive the scope. I have been a Photoshop beta tester for Adobe since Version 1, so I know it inside out. My main desktop is an 8-core MacPro maxed out with memory and storage (I am a graphic designer by trade)

I would like to do some planetary imaging and some general sky shots. I'll think about DSOs later.

The problem is, I read about 'stacking' multiple webcam images and mentions of 'Registrax', which seems to be Windows only. Can I achieve the same funtionality with multiple layer/channels in Photoshop. Any advice or links would be appreciated. Thanks.

Archived