Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Need mains lead for Carlex Jumpstarter

I have a Carlex jumpstarter which I have had for a few years dispite having no mains charger for it :)

RL-CJS50_MED.jpg

I dug it out last week in the hope to use it to power my EQ5 once I source a charger. Sadly I wish I had sourced one last week as we had planned a day out today and.... I have a flat battery on the car!!

Does anyone own one of these? If so can someone tell me the voltage and polarity of the charger?

Failing that, how can find I find out the V+P? Theres nothing on the unit itself.

If it's not been charged in a long time then you may find it's totally flat and would need a deep cycle charger to resurect. Even then you might not be able to save it.

If it's for the 130P then be sure you need 12v for it. Some of them drive off 6v only.

I'm not familiar with this model so someone else may be able to help with the trickle charger. If not then try taking it to Maplins and see what they say. You can of course open it up and change the battery for a new one if it's totally dead :)

Archived