Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Tonight

Ian123

Seeing as i have man flu(same time everyear!!) i'd thought i would stick a film on, Contact for 86th time, that seemed to spur me on to go for a nosy outside. Thought i would try to get m81 & m82 for the first time, was a bit optimistic givin the condition's! and so it proved, but suddenly, just about 15 degrees north east of Ursa Major i saw 3 meteors in quick succession and another one 1 minute later. Was this part of the Geminid shower or another shower?

Was getting cold (man flu) so quick nosy at Albireo, great contrast in colours then over to Jupiter, wow, then spent 20 min's on the moon, great detail along the terminator as alway's while i was chomping on a turkish delight, not had one for year's and it was gooood icon10.gif Might set my alarm for 4 a.m., eek, try get first glimpse at saturn, i've heard it's quite something!!

Ian i suggest you go lay down on the couch with a nice warm blanket over you and a nice glass of whiskey. Man flu (as opposed to ordinary flu) is very serious.

I feel for you.

Now onto the meteors you saw. They certainly sound as if they are in the right area to be Geminids. Also the fact you saw so many in a short space of time leads me to suspect they were Geminids and not just sporadics.

Geminids are usually bright and slow. Most i have seen over the years also have a hint of green in them.

Dont worry Luke, whiskey is at hand, purely for medicinal purposes you understand.

Absolutely. It really does help. It warms you up and when you go to bed it makes you sweat all that horrible man flu out.

Thankfully i had my flu jab a couple of weeks ago so i should be ok over the winter.

Archived