First view with the telescope tonight.

My seven year old daughter notified me that the sky was clear, so it was time at last to get the gear out. We had a look at the moon, and orion. One word amazing. It wasn't long before she had to go back to bed, and then i looked at Jupiter at 65x. It looked amazing, and i could see it's moons. i didn't have time to get the barlow to look at the moon as it wasn't long before that the moon went beyond the house and out of view. I looked at pleiades, but i thought that looked better with the 10x50 binoculars.

My mrs came out after i told her i could see Jupiter, so she had a look, and was amazed. the lucky git also saw a meteor that i missed as i was setting orion for her. She then knocked over my cup of tea, and gave me a panick with the telescope. All in all, great night.:)

It was the skywatcher heritage 130p that i used. I didn't realise till near the end, but my gear was turning to ice lol, that's how cold it must of been, but i was so lost in the moment that i coudn't even feel the cold.:D

Archived