NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Portable Setup

I'm looking to buy a fairly portable setup, preferably sub-£400.

I'm considering going either one of two routes:

- a Skywatcher Skymax 102/Celestron Nexstar 4

- 8 or 10 inch Dobsonian (a Skyliner most likely)

The former mainly for size, portability and good for planetary. The latter for some portability, quick setup and possibly better range. (Some ability for basic astroimaging, DSLR or webcam, would be nice, but not absolutely essential)

Any advice and opinion on this would be very appreciated...just to perhaps nudge me one way or the other.

how about a tal100rs frac with the celestron mount on special from flo.........£350

It's something else to consider I suppose. I had thought about that Tal a while ago, but it's not a scope that's very often recommended (although those that do seem to hold it in high regard).

If you look at the thread sponsors special offers they have the celestron cg mount for £99 from FLO now that is a bargain add the tal 100rs at £245,under budget and a great scope that should last a life time, i have never heard a bad word about the tal, but like you say only a few recommend them

Archived