NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Kydex alternatives

tdmodels

Hi Tim, Robert Horne Group tel:01604 495333 are uk importers of kydex,supplied mine overnight very good firm to deal with, if i remember they had kydex in 4 different thicknesses and it is only supplied in 8x4 sheets,they are based in northampton with depots all over the country,hope this helps,used mine to make a light shroud for my obsession,very easy material to work,

Mike

Well, I've used formica and I've used wood aeroplane grade multiplex. The latter gives you something a lot more beautiful than Kydex...at least to my eyes

Excuse the shroud knotted around one of the trusses (which are now black, by the way). That was just me checking the balance...

post-22037-133877505285_thumb.jpg

I'd suggest not getting too hung up on Kydex (and all the other 'essentials' of the KB design).

I decided to use black corrugated plastic, used for signs (Correx). Can be sprayed to be more matt on the inside (or you could flock).

Remember its not structural, so all you need is something light.

Callum

Archived