Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Good Jupiter and some questions

riklaunim

Got a short breake in the clouds today. For some strange reason the seeing was from very good to epic :) SCT 8", Basler Ace acA640-100gm, GSO 2x Barlow for f/20.

f/20 RGB and Ir-RGB at 18:40 UTC:

RGB-1841.jpgLRGB-1840.jpg

f/20 RGB and Ir-RGB at 18:47 UTC:

2RGB-1847.jpg2LRGB-1847.jpg

Ir (blurred), Red, Green, Blue channel:

m-ir.jpgm-red.jpgm-green.jpgm-blue.jpg

anim2.gif

Methane Band. 18:58 UTC f/20 at 1 sec exp and 19:04 UTC f/10 at 0.5 sec exposures, with darks

Note the strange spot over GRS:

ch4-1858.jpgch4-1904.jpg

I've also wanted to check if IR tricolor imaging could get some colors. There are Astrodon and Hutech sets for this... I used Pro Planet 742, 807 and RG1000 - first two overlap, and second is far away with lower transmission so far from perfect:

RG-1000, Pro Planet 807, Pro Planet 742 false color composition:

false-rg-ir8-ir7.jpg

Pro Planet 742, Pro Planet 742, Pro Planet 807 false color composition:

false-ir7-ir7-ir8.jpg

There are some colors with the RG-IR8-IR7 version where the GRS is orange (and red is RG). IR7-IR8 doesn't give much color. Both overlap so colors are equalized. The filters I'm talking about are:

* http://www.astrodon.com/products/filters/near-infrared/

* http://www.sciencecenter.net/hutech/idas/type4.htm

Anyone has any comments if IR/NIR false tricolor imaging could give enough color difference? Methane will absort differently in the filter bands, and also amonia can add a bit. Something else? Vendors do not have any user cases except of NASA equipement flying by the Jupiter and doing false color IR :)

Archived