Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M42 11-11-10

NickRose2006

Well the night that this was taken, was a pretty good night. It didn't start off good. I tried Drift Alignment, but it still gave me star trails. I did all the adjustments and the 2 stars that I worked on stayed in the center of the lines. When I went to take pictures of M45 I got star trails. So I re-did did my polar alignment and took a photo and did small adjustments and took another photo and so forth. I finally got about 5min. with out much star trail. Still learning every night I go out.

Anyways I got about an 1hrs worth of subs for M42.

9x8sec.

6x15sec.

51x30sec

2x1min

1x4min.

5x5min.

All were at ISO800

I wish Could have gotten more photos between 1min-5min but I dropped my RC-1 controller for my Canon 300D Rebel. So all the other photos had to be 30sec and lower. But I should be getting the new controller in the mail some time this week.

post-21931-133877502882_thumb.jpg

post-21931-133877502891_thumb.jpg

A sound start Nick and those short subs have brought out the Trapezium from the glare, more 5min subs would bring out that faint blue loop top right in image. You can process the stars separately to improve them but good PA is essential. The dust right of Running Man is starting to show so get more 5min subs and this will come to life. Great start Nick.

John.

Archived