NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Anyone know where to buy Celestron OMNI 120 XLT OTA

Hi Everyone

Anyone know where to get a Celestrons OMNI 120 XLT OTA.

I have seen a previous thread shows that occasional deals do come up where it would make no difference if you get the mount or not but I assume due to the lack of feedback this may have been a one off.

As I have a CG-5 mount I would rather mount the OTA on this. I have heard there are mixed reviews to whether the mandatory CG mount that comes with the 120 is up to the task anyway. (this is not my debate either way)

I know the most obvious thing to do is buy the setup and sell the mount but you have to have the readies in the first place to do this. :)

Any advice would be great.

SPACEBOY

So I hear but I don't find as many reviews for the Evostars as the Omni. The Omni reviews I have seen are very encouraging.

I know Celestron and Skywatcher are basically the same manufacturer but the claims of XLT coatings must have some ground over the Evostar? Or is it just sales pitch? Any care to comment....

Archived