NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

y800 sept 1st

neil phillips

Havent posted this yet mainly because i only just processed it. It was the last captiure i took.I went to y800 codec, and debayered in reg 5

135 %

DBK 10" Newt 150 secs capture. going to redo this debayering the seperate RGB channels on K3 and processing them seperatly on reg 5. see if i can pull anymore out. Cant wait for jupiter Next year in higher skys hoping for better conditions still. After seeing Johns amazing flea 3 shot. man i want that chip. wonder if anyone knows if Andy ellis is still putting them in the dmk ? Time 1.30 UT

5159719919_c2f1113da7_o.png

Its a hard call as im a single shot colour fan, but mono has to be better. cant afford either im afraid, though the Chip can be modded into a DMK, though at 8 bit and 30 fps only,

still that red sensetivety ( and GB too ) is worth having. you know the single shot version flea 3 should have a similar sensetivety as the DMK mono. At least thats what im guessing, but might be a bit lower ? think the flea3 looks the one to me look at johns images stunning.

Cheers Freddy

Nice one Neil ... the weather here has been not at all helpful recently (that's putting it pretty mildly, but then this is a family forum!) ... yes, next year should be better with Jupiter's declination at opposition +12 instead of -2.

Ive often found the fancy processing looks worse Clayton.But not always, If i prefer it, ill add as a comparison.

Like you John, im still learning about my location, and winter so far is like living in a imaging nightmare, but i may keep trying a bit longer. But more for intrerest rather than quality.

I didnt expect seeing to nose dive this bad Brian. My first capture on the 7th was a classic if it looks like this, go to bed captiure. Infact i may post up a short avi showing how bad things have turned.Truely awful. But still interesting to image to see what the giant planet is doing

Cheers all

Archived