NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

jupiter 7 th Nov rubbish seeing

neil phillips

Hmm! Thanks Neil.

I'm still processing some from the 5th which are of similar quality (or worse) and have been too embarrassed to post as yet :eek:

I know I should be posting something from every outing:rolleyes: but I am busy setting up for another session tonight:hello2:

You have however inspired me, and I will try for a post from the 5th :)

Seeing was one of the worst times ive seen, completely boiling. Its been all down hill since winter, and the cold shock problem. especially with houses giving off heat. Ive also not been doing a lot of astro, even on better looking nights. Not expecting things to improve much on the rest of this year on jupiter but you never know. However in the summer im hoping to finally do some decent lunar.we shall see. Snakes and ladders clayton you know the score. its worth showing bad footage, to keep up with whats happening up there.

Yeah. Don't give up on Jupiter yet. I got my best shots last year when Jupiter was low in the West after everyone else had given up. My work has improved since then though, and those shots don't look that great to me any more. But I think the continued experience in adverse conditions pays off.

Musician's need regular practice, as do sports people and I think it's the same in this pursuit. I know I will have to retrain myself for Saturn.

Archived