NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Comparative sizes of Jupiter

Jarvo

Hi All - A bit bored tonight - nothing on the telly (not a footie fan) and its cold, cloudy and rainy up here in Leeds, soooooo I've been playing about on Photoshop.

Took these pictures of Jupiter over a period of evenings with my little freebie webcam. The x5 image is there just for comparison purposes. Got every thing set up that night (it takes ages to get the image on the sensor when using the 5 x Powermate :)) and low and behold a bit of **** got onto the sensor :p.

Anyway, goes to show the age old adage that magnification isn't everything in Astronomy...won't stop me trying again though with clear skies.

p.s. so suitably impressed with the output of the freebie webcam I was, I paid a visit to PC world at the weekend and spent a whopping 20 quid on an Advent 3 Megapixel HD Webcam.

It didn't stay pretty for long though as I've converted it be used with the Mak.

Looking forward to trying it out soon.:eek:

I'll post some results as soon as I can.

Enjoy!!

Jarvo

post-14696-133877498584_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the post, it's useful to see the size comparison. Did you stack and use wavelets on these images?

I have noticed you can now buy high megapixel webcams very cheaply (such as ebay), and I have wondered if they would produce better images than the now very old 640x480 SPC900NC. However what makes it so good is the low light performance, I suspect these modern high res cheap cams suffer under low light. I'll be curious to see the results you get.

Hi Bus_ter - thanks for the reply. Yup stacked in Registax - all of 'em.

Very gentle tweaking on the 1st Wavelet filter. Still learning on Registax.

I'll post some piccies with the new one when it stops raining....like March :eek::hello2:

Jarvo

Archived