NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Half moon mosaic

Luke

My second "deep sky" moon, i.e. I was meant to be doing deep sky images but that went pear shaped so I tried the moon instead. I don't know what I am going to do when the moon isn't around!!

Three main tiles, Canon 450D, 80mm refractor, 2x Barlow

post-15522-133877498372_thumb.jpg

Great shot Luke I never get tired of images of the moon in fact I am missing it now its not so easy to see any more. I was reading Patrick Moore's books Guide to the moon, Survey of the moon and The Moon recently and the pictures in the books are no where near as good as we can get now makes me glad I can take shots of the moon in high detail now so much to explore. Sir Patrick has done a lot of exploring the moon thats for sure:)

x25143.jpg

Isn´t the moon just awesome? Great shot there.

Thank you!

The moon is really growing on me, I was mainly messing about while wanting to do deep sky imaging, but now I almost can't wait for the moon to come back full again to have another crack. I guess the moon can get addictive if you're not careful?!

Archived