NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Super Polaris Mount

NickRose2006

I have a Vixen Super Polaris mount and I'm wanting to find out where to put polaris for my alignment. I do everything of leveling the telescope stand, pointing it towards polaris, and setting up the day/month and hour. I know since the mount is from the late 80's or early 90's I can't put polaris in the small circle since polaris has moved over the years.

Here is a rough diagram of what I see through the polaris scope. This was setup from Oct. 26 2010 at around 1930hrs pacific time.

post-21931-133877498249_thumb.jpg

I'm a bit tired right now but I think POlaris (at the time and date and longitude you gave) should be as per the chart below.

I'm not sure whay you think Polaris has moved - it moves in an orbit every 24 hours - I cant believe its proper motion (is its drift away from us) has amounted to much since 1980 surely.

post-14805-133877498278_thumb.jpg

Archived