Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

EQ5 help.

oldfruit

Hi.

Forgive me if there is a thread on here somewhere about this but i have looked and cannot find one.

I have an EQ5 mount used for my 200mm Helios reflector. I bought this second hand and by now it is a few years old. I have read sometimes that it can be of great benefit to strip the mount and give it a good clean and replace the grease. The mount does work ok and points to wherever i want it to go and tracks ok with the drives i have.

My questions are is this a very complex thing to do for someone like myself that has never done it before.

If i do this will it make a noticable difference when in use?

Am i better taking the "if it aint broke, dont fix it" route.

Thanks in advance.

Mark..

if it works ok for now, and you have no other mount to use while it's pulled apart then p'haps best left as is... especially if any doubt about getting it back together :mad: ....but with those caveats, it could be a fun and educational exercise... as well as delivering some performance enhancements. :)

Archived