Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Atik 31L+ Questions

Hiya,

After my first (not so successful) dip into CCD imaging im looking to get something thats going to be solid, and last me a while. However, the lessons taught by my previous experience raised a few conditions that need to be satisfied before I commit to buying.

The camera im looking at is the Atik 314L+, ive already read craig starks review so theres no doubting its performance (a la 285 chip). However, its practical "problems" im interested in hearing about (if there are any). Anyway, here's with the questions:

1) Will the 314L behave with active USB cables and/or hubs? < very important

2) Will my existing 12v (5A) PSU be sufficient to run the mount and the camera?

3) Is the CCD chamber sealed and 100% airtight?

4) Setpoint cooling: Is the setpoint the actual temperature of the ccd, or the difference between the ccd and ambient temperature? If its the temp of the ccd, then what would be considered the best setting?

I have other questions in regard to resolution and using 1.5x barlows, but thats an imaging question and so will be posted in the appropriate place.

But.. one more thing.... if I save up a bit more for a 383L+ would that be worth it?

Thanks for any input :)

Archived