Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Observing doubles - 80mm binos

mdstuart

Out again with my 20 x 80mm...they are lovely optically. You just need to get your eyes correctly lined up to get the stars sharp in the centre of the FOV..

The moon was up so I stuck to some bright objects. M15 / M92 were very obvious. M92 is the smaller of the two globulars at the eyepiece.

With the full moon I struggled to see any galaxies but did manage a look again at M81/M82 which are so amazing.

Then on to some doubles. First v Draco which at 60" splits easily to two bright white spots of light about 3mm apart (assuming you are looking at a ruler about an arms length away!

Tried 86- Pices next as this is 30". Again no trouble to split but of course much closer.

I am sure I can see the close partner of Alcor but its not a definite split.

Finished off with the moon and jupiter. Very cold but very rewarding..:)

So can't wait for a manfrotto tripod and joystick head for Christmas..Will puchase any second hand kit if it is out their once we get to 25th December. I am teaching my kids to wait for things and not just get them now!

Regards

Mark Stuart

Archived