NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

The Nano Observatory RWR (Really Warm Room)

Euan

What do you do when you have a obs the size of a matchbox? Camp out in the house with the mod cons, so here is the Really Warm Room

So from left to right....

19" LCD showing obs IR camera

24" WUXGA LCD with Processing PC VNC connected to obs PC

23" 1080p LCD with PS3 (soon also a Sky HD feed)

Wireless Airpanel for portable obs control

You need something to do when the subs are rolling in, right? :)

5111194761_459def7d85_b.jpg

Euan, I'm a bit confused here because I get the feeling that the reason for this lavish, warm imaging monitoring station is so that you've got something to do when you're stuck on the PS3 - have I got that wrong :):D:D:D:D

Great set up, the whole effect looks a bit like those control panels you used to see on the bridge of Star Trek - Hmmmm, where's Spock going to sit?

James

Is that the new fallout yor playing?k

Still on 3, just need to finish a few missions before getting the new one. What a game, it's taken me over 56 hours to get through number 3 plus the expansion packs

Viewsonic are about to release the ViewPad pretty soon which would be very cool if it can run all the software for imaging

Very nice! I'm glad they are trying to replace the Airpanel, it was really good but has limitations. I'm considering an iPad for VNC, but something like this could be very interesting at the right price

Euan, I'm a bit confused here because I get the feeling that the reason for this lavish, warm imaging monitoring station is so that you've got something to do when you're stuck on the PS3

Aye, imaging is just something to keep me busy while the games are loading :)

Is it an import from the states

I got it about 3 years ago from the states for a home automation project in my last house. It's a Remote Desktop client, it hardly runs any software itself. It's a bit redundant at the moment but I can use it for RDP into the obs

The only downside with RDP is that it squishes all your windows into 800 x 600 and logs out the local user, so VNC is a much better solution. Multiple logins from different devices, and the local user is still logged on just incase I need to go outside

Archived