NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

m76 Wednesday

p1taylor

Well done for tackling the issues long focal length and small target. We don't often see this one and the similarities of colour with M27 are interesting.

It doesn't look to me as if you flats have worked perfectly since the object is seen in a different colour of sky to the background. Maybe a processing artefact or did one colour of flat play up? I also wonder if focus was dead on?

However, all this critiques are well and good but the fact remains that working at this focal length is a darned site harder than at the f lengths and ratios I and most others use, so low bow and lots of respect!!

Olly

Hi Olly, Focus is as good as I can with a Bahtinov mask both FWHM and Half Flux were below 4 would not go lower, as for focal length I have a Meade reducer 3.3 but don't seem to be able to get it to work just get a cecal in center and black round rest, any ideas to get it to work, maybe sky background colour is because I tried gradient remover in photoshop.

peter

Archived