Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

webcam help

HI members,need help with new webcam phillips 880 from morgans,down loaded the driver from the site to the laptop, pluged in the webcam,,now what ?do i need some program to run it in,read some info on the Sg site,talking obout flash and firmware, i dont understand can anybody help with easy steps to get it running?running XP.

Thanks Robbie

Download wxAstroCapture - this will recognise an SPC900NC and run the camera for you. But you need to make the 880 look ike an spc900 by first flashing the firmware of the camera with an upgrade, and second getting the drivers for it.

The drivers are on the Phillips website and someone will direct you to the firmware flashing site presently :)

Here's the link and instructions for XP:

"For that you need the software WcRmac and the SPC900NC firmware file

Copy the firmware file to the C:\Program Files\WcRmac\binary\8116 folder and start WcRmac. Click WebCam => DS Interface and click Connect. Click 'Get current and save as' (this makes a backup of the current firmware on the cam). Then choose the file spc900nc.bin and select 'Load into cam'. This will upload the SPC900NC firmware into the cam. Done."

Hope that helps - let me know how you get on with it :)

Archived