Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Explore Scientific 14mm - will I need counterweights for my Skyliner 300p?

GAz - how do you rate the 20mm ES ?

I'm getting a lot of use out of it. Its sharp to the edge in my f7.5 refactor, there is edge distortion in the f4.5 Dob but only the outer 5-10% which is the part you have to "look around" into the eyepiece to see in any case. It also Barlows pretty well,

I've never used a 21mm Ethos which is the obvious comparision but with the price differential I'm not sure I could justify buying the Ethos for any improved performance in that outer 10% in any case.

Yes - I find the 'look around' factor pretty uncomfortable. Ethos owners seem to like it but I find it weird and distracting. At F5 I couldnt see any difference between the 14mm and the 13mm Ethos - they views were similar but not identical with plus and minus points on both. If my website were livce you could read the whole review I did of one :)

Did you get your 20mm at a knock down price on the special offer ?

Yes Kim, I just did! :)

I placed an order for the 14mm and the 9mm ES ep's from astronomics.com - they were bundled as a special offer for only $700, or £441,57 - which is only £22 more than Telescope House charge for the 14mm alone...

Archived