Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hi, Very new Hubby and Wife

I 1st learned with binos and a book called "Turn Left at Orion", it's the kind of book even a child can learn from it. I learned to find Andromeda galaxy(M31), hercules globular (M13) and Orion nebula (M42) all visible with binos under a dark sky. So after when I did buya scope it was very easy as I already knew the basics.

Try to find M13 1st in hercules. It's a blob full of stars. it's sits one 3rd of the way between 2 bright stars in hercules and if your finder is well alligned, you should be able to get it. Then try M31 as well, the Andromeda galaxy, use the big leg on the Cassiopeia W which points at it. Or you can start at the great square of pegasus, jump 2 bright stars to the left and another 2 up, it's very close to that star. Always use the 25mm alone to locate the object. Search for sketches online to know what to expect, pictures are no good.

here are some maps for this 2 objects:

M31 - Andromeda galaxy

M13 - Hercules Globular

I am going to get a book next month. I also have 8 x 25 bino... maybe need a 10 x 50.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived