Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A Nightout with PHD !!

Hi

It was clear night last night, did not spend much time imaging as I was getting in grips using PHD, I was more interested in seeing how PHD works when the DEC was in different positions. Observing the graph reading allows one to see how your RA & DEC is balanced on your mount, initially I found my DEC some way out, then realised 'Silly Me', the Dew Shield, I forgot to balance the scope with a dew shield.. :D it took around 2mins to calibrate on a star, then it starting guiding.

But anyway I had quite a successful night, using a DIY 60mm Guidescope & a QHY5 camera. Here's a couple of shots of my graphs..

untitled.jpg

untitled2.jpg

Cheers

Nadeem

Hi Nadeem. I've just started down the EQMod & PHD route (after I saw your first guided images I thought "I don't need the Smartguider" :) ) and had my first "sort of" session last night.

I'm taking it one step at a time but I just wanted to say thanks for posting the PHD images. I bought a QHY5 and thought, compared to the Atik, that the output was really grainy & ropey. Having seen that your output looks exactly like mine I can tell it's normal. Now I'm not worried. :)

So cheers!

Mark

No problem Mike, i was in reservation in buying the QHY5 1st anyway & thought about buying the Synguider, but the budget is dictating policy to me & would have to buy a Startravel, which is another £85 on top of the synguider, becuase im going to use the QHY5 camera as just a guide camera & nothing else the banding noise does not bother me.. & also just ordered a Cig Lighter charger for the NC10.

Nadeem.

Nadeem.

I kinda wish I hadn't bought the LVI now. I didn't understand the process of guiding and tought it would solve all of my guiding problems. What an expensive lesson that was :) Still EQmod & ASCOM are pretty cool and you certainly feel more involved in the process.

Mark

Archived