Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC7000 thru a 6 inch Newt?

Is it at all possible to see NGC7000 through a 6 inch newt using a Baader UHC-S for help??

Had a hunt around for it on monday night (before the clouds moved in) but all i could spy was an open cluster in the general area.

Bearing in mind i do get a fair amount of LP am i hoping for too much? :D

I can't find it on my 8" under skies. I believe the shear size of the thing, and the fact it won't be fully frame on my widest EP doesn't help a bit as I won't be able to fit it in the FoV with a dark sky background for contrast. Maybe wide field big binoculars, would be more adequate for this target, as it haves a 2º diameter (about 16 times the moon's area).

Had a tough night tonight. The sky seemed clear when i set up but by the time i went out to view the viewing was very poor (despite a complete lack of cloud) there was plenty of moisture in the air and everything was hazy through the EP.

Managed to see Jupiter and M31 but try as i might i could not find the dumbell nebula :D

maybe tomorrow night eh?

I saw the leo triplet (all galaxies) in my 90mm William Optics Megrez 90 when I visited friends about 1000 meters above sea level in a winter cabin last easter. It was an amazing sight. It was 20c below zero and I was freezing my fingers off but I was worth it!

I have tried a couple of times with my 200mm from a heavy light polluted area a couple of times with no luch.

Now I image with a DSLR instead .-)

Archived