red lights of death?

If that didn't work - try pressing 1 and 2 together and release. It should leave one of the top three lights (1,2,3) flashing steadilly. This toggles tracking on/off. If you dont have a single flashing light, try it again pressing 1 and 2 together and release. Is a single light flashing now?

My final thought is to try any single arrow key. If the scope doesn't move at all when you hold an arrow key down then it seems either the h/c is none functional, or there's something wrong with the power.

Nope tried that still the same, put my ear to the mount to maybe hear a motor trying to work but nothing, key "1" just wont go out always on and the other two wont stop flashing, no matter what you press and in any order it stays the same

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to hear it bcf - I'm out of ideas - something's not right there - and it's in the electrics I'm afraid. The only thing I know about that is to ensure your supply is "tip positive" - usually standard on a power tank. Also make sure you are using the original power lead - and - daft as it sounds - ensure the h/c is plugged into the right socket - but I guess you've covered that allready.

Thanks for your time brantuk, yes tried all that, had a power lead from FLO today and new batteries and a fully charged tank, only 2 sockets on the mount so even i cant get them wrong, well i give up, got another handset coming to see if thats at fault, i bet know one repairs mounts if thats the fault?

You could try post a "Help Needed" thread appealing for help from someone good at electronics. There are folks here who do mods to cameras and build circuit boards for dew controllers and mounts. I'll bet someone would offer to look at it for you - sorry I couldn't help further :D

(Likely it's the handset anyway I reckon)

Archived