NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

has anyone have any idea what is causing this

cardconvict

It looks like the image is going out of focus in this corner because the focal plane isn't flat (and inherent problem with most scopes and particularly with SCTs). The reason it's only affecting one corner is likely to be that the chip is very slightly tilted in relation to the optical path. This is the problem with big chips:(

I'm sure Martin is right. This is without the reducer flattener? Your first step would be to try with one of those, I guess.

Also have a look at how the camera is attached. Maybe there is play between nosepiece and focusser which turns into a tilt when the nosepiece is locked down by the screw(s.)

Olly

If the camera has been modified, then is there a chance one of the shims has dropped out during the procedure. These shims are there for the purpose of squaring the sensor to the optical axis.

On of mine dislodged as I was refitting the sensor, and I was just pleased I noticed it.

Look at stage 21 here. http://ghonis2.ho8.com/rebelmod450d3.html

Ron.

Archived